For those of you tired of watching the freaking Olympics, the NFL scouting combine is upon us! Starting on Saturday, February 27 through Tuesday, March 2. As usual here is my pre-combine mock draft:
It's a real sport!
1. St. Louis Rams: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
The Rams are desperate to give their franchise a new signal caller and might trade down a few spots and still be able to grab one. Let's have them take Clausen for a change!
2. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
The beneficiaries of this whole ordeal are the Bucs who get their hands on one of the top two defensive tackles in the draft.
4. Washington Redskins: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
The Campbell experiment is over with the arrival of Mike Shanahan. He gets his guy.
5. Kansas City Chiefs: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
KC protects their new QB Matt Cassel
6. Seattle Seahawks: Joe Haden, CB, Florida
7. Cleveland Browns: Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
The Browns get a playmaker in their atrocious secondary
8. Oakland Raiders: Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
Al Davis loves freaks and gets the massive Campbell
9. Buffalo Bills: Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
11. Denver Broncos: Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
12. Miami Dolphins: Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
14. Seattle Seahawks: Taylor Mays, S, USC
Pete Caroll is a defensive coach and shores up the Hawks' secondary in the first round with two top DBs.
15. N.Y. Giants: Brian Price, DT, UCLA
16. San Francisco 49ers: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
17. Tennessee Titans: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
19. Atlanta Falcons: Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida St.
20. Houston Texans: C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
22. New England Patriots: Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
The Packers grab another top linebacker for their 3-4
24. Philadelphia Eagles: Mike Iupati, OG/OT, Idaho
25. Baltimore Ravens: Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
26. Arizona Cardinals: Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
27. Dallas Cowboys: Jean-Pierre Paul, DE, South Florida
28. San Diego Chargers: Jahvid Best, RB, California
The Chargers get their hands on LT's successor
29. N.Y. Jets: Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
With the first round-worthy cornerbacks out of the picture, the Vikings address their other area of concern. Cody is a big 360 lbs defensive tackle who can clog the middle and will be able to replace the aging Pat Williams. Teammate Rolando McClain could also be a consideration given EJ Henderson's catastrophic leg injury.
31. Indianapolis Colts: Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
32. New Orleans Saints: Navorro Bowman, LB, Penn State
What do you think? Any comments or opinions? Don't say anything.... I don't fucking care!